Perdomo Roofing & Sheetmetal, LLC is proud to offer the best metal roofing services in the New Orleans area. Metal roofing offers many advantages over traditional shingle roofs. Consider the following reasons why a metal roof might be the right choice for your home or business.
- Cost Effective – While a metal roof costs more than some shingle roofs, it is much more cost effective over the life of your roof. Metal roofs usually have a warranty of 25-45 years whereas many of the more inexpensive shingles only have a warranty of 20-30 years. This means you replace your roof more often.
- Durability – A metal roof installed by a skilled roofing contractor will require little maintenance over the life of the roof.
- Style – Unlike many roofing systems, a metal roof can be custom ordered in a great color to match your home, business, and surroundings. This makes them an aesthetically pleasing choice for the customer.
- Easy Installation – Compared to roofing systems such as shingles, metal roofs can be installed quickly. With metal panels, a contractor can cover a large section of roof in the same amount of time that it takes to lay down a very small area of shingle roofing.
- Can Sometimes Be Installed Over Existing Roof – If you have a solid underlayment and only 1-2 layers of shingles, a metal roof can sometimes be installed over your existing roof rather than having to tear off the existing roof. This saves the home or business owner a lot of time and money.
- Great for Commercial Buildings – A metal roof can be an excellent alternative to traditional Bituminous Flat Roof systems that require more maintenance over the years and are more prone to leaks because water does not shed from a flat roof as well as a metal roof with even a slight slope.
- Damage Resistant – While hail and other severe weather can damage any roof, a metal roof is one of the most damage resistant roofs on the market today. Some metal roofs are guaranteed to withstand winds of 120 MPH!
Types of Metal Roofing Systems
This type of metal roof is typically seen on roofs of low pitch and is not seen as often as the standing seam metal roof. In this system, panels are overlapped several inches at the seams.
These metal panels are better for those with greater slopes to their roofs and not recommended for those with less than a 2:12 roof pitch. Typically an associate will come to your home or business and take measurements for your new roof panels. They are then cut to length and brought to the job site. This allows for less seams, therefore less potential for leaks, and your roof gets installed faster than when panels are all one generic size from the manufacturer. Panels are overlapped along raised seams so water flows continuously down the roof, making a leak highly unlikely to ever occur.
This is the perfect option for those that like the look of a shingle roof but want the durability, color options, and other benefits of a metal roof. They come in many different styles and of course take longer to install than a paneled metal roof and offer similar advantages.
Metal Roofing Services We Offer
Perdomo Roofing & Sheetmetal, LLC is locally owned and operated by New Orleans native Eric Perdomo who believes his company’s job is to offer you the best service they can. Eric and his team of trained and knowledgeable roofing experts are proud to offer the following metal roofing services:
- Old Roof Removal
- Custom Cut Metal Roofing Panels
- Colors to Match Your Home or Business
- Custom Metal Shingles
- Outstanding Fast Service